Wednesday 13 June 2012

Has Hard Candy Gone Soft On Us?

Once upon a time, I loved Hard Candy Cosmetics. They were all vegan, all the time. Their products were pricier then, but they were worth the money because of the high quality and dependable vegan-ness of the products.
Sadly, the vegan blogosphere is abuzz as of late because the once vegan cosmetics line now features definitely non-vegan ingredients--bees wax in my eyeliner? I have enough wax in my ears, thanks. *sigh* This seems to have happened after the brand was sold to Falic Fashion Group and partnered with Wal-Mart.
So, read those Hard Candy labels closely, otherwise you might be smudging crushed baby pandas or god-knows-what-else onto your face.
I've emailed Hard Candy about what items are still vegan and I'll keep you all updated on the response.


No comments:

Post a Comment